The Importance of Gut Health
Written by: Kelly Duffin; Kick it With Kelly
One thing I rarely ever see in the world of health and weight loss, is anyone placing enough
importance on the health of the gut. The gut essentially is the central power house of the
functioning of the rest of the entire body.
More than 90% of any person over the age of 15 in North America, has an imbalance of gut
bacteria. This leads to a host of other challenges including but not limited to:
• Brain fog
• Fungal infections
• Yeast infections
The list of health challenges caused and perpetuated by gut health unbalance is long and most
issues seem entirely unrelated to our guts, resulting in the gut health aspect being entirely
overlooked by most medical professionals.
If anyone is wanting to obtain and maintain optimal health, an optimal balanced gut would be
absolutely imperitave to that achievement.
Some symptoms one might experience if the gut is out of balance are again including but
certainly not limited to:
• Bad breath
• Belly fat
• Low energy
• Skin problems
• Sugar cravings
Not many practitioners are well versed in the vastness of the complexity of gut health and how
to optimally balance it out in a way that can maintain optimal health and efficient weight loss
through life. Usually, a complete gut reset is required to take place for a specific length of time.
If you are interested in attempting this, please seek out a practitioner who specializes in this
field and can adequately help you in the most efficient way.
Some general tips of gut balance in the meantime are:
• Avoidance of highly processed foods
• Avoidance of high amount of sugar in the diet
• Avoiding too much alcohol intake
• Adding plenty of healthy carbohydrates like vegetables and low sugar fruits
• Avoiding the use of antibiotics wherever possible
• Maintaining a properly balanced diet in general, with some small lifestyle adjustments, you can maintain an adequately balanced gut for life in a way that will make your health and weight loss feel effortless over time.
Go! Get Your Healthy On.