The Next Station
Written by: Sabine Roggermeier
We all had experiences in our lives that transformed us. Most of those that shaped us deeply happened in our younger years. This is because in those growing up years our minds worked differently. It was mainly the right side of the brain that was active doing the work of imagining, memorizing and being creative. Also it was the time our subconscious mind was wide open and ready for “programming”. All of this is necessary for children to take in the huge load of information in order to master walking, talking, eating, moving, speaking etc in such a short amout of time. Never again was so much new information integrated into our system. When parents or other caretakers sent us a message we soaked it up directly as if it were truth. Those early impressions, unfortunately also the negative ones, became part of our identity.
This makes clear that it is beneficial for us to notice those early created beliefs and clear them up where necessary. The people around you may not even remember what they said back then, while you still operate from their words. The world has moved on while you might still be stuck. It’s as if all the other trains already left the station years ago and yours is still sitting on its tracks.
What can you do to move on and get into the next station? Here are some questions that might help you:
- Where do you need a new order in your life? Identify the beliefs that are out-dated and keep you from creating a magnificent life. Then start them letting go.
- What is beneficial about perceiving yourself in the old way? There aren’t only downsides to limiting beliefs. Identify where you gain from perceiving yourself as helpless, hopeless, incapable, undeserving, etc. Do you get more help or understanding? Is it easier to find excuses for yourself? Identifying those hidden benefits will help you let go.
- Are there new ways for or new ideas about yourself you are resisting? What would it take for you to open up to them? What do you need to feel safe with this different approach towards yourself?
- Can you muster the trust that all things will indeed work out for your best no matter what you experienced so far? Can you dare to open the doors to this new magical place where you get to be your unlimited self?
- Are you willing and able to choose to move forward and take the necessary steps? It is your decision which is needed to make it from one station to the next.
So toot your horn and go on a journey!