Written by: Sabine Roggermeier
Do you know how much power to create you hold?
It is estimated that we have an average of 35.000 thoughts per day or more. And did you know that although the brain accounts for only 2% of the weight of the body, it consumes 20% of the body’s energy? That means you have a lot of mental power you carry between your two ears to use for creating!
Did you daydream as a child? I surely did. That’s the playful fun light energy that is best used to create with.
For engaging with the energy of your creativity as simple and easy as 1, 2, 3 use any of the following suggestions or find your own:
- Create a visual image of what you want to see come into existence in your mind. What does it look like? How does it make you feel?
- Collect images and words you joyfully connect with and pin them together to make a vision board.
- Plant a garden and watch the vegetation grow and bloom under your loving tender care.
- Take a walk while imagining a piece of your life, whether that’s your dream job, a vacation or the house you’re looking for.
- Better yet make it a gratitude walk. With each step finish the sentence “I am grateful for …” Include future reasons for being thankful.
- Do an energy sketch of what you want to create. Don’t overthink it. It’s not about the perfection of your sketch. It is about expressing the energy of your image on paper.
- Before you go to sleep while you lay in bed at night imagine the perfect version of your day tomorrow.
- Notice when things you imagined appear in your life, whether physically or in the words or actions of the people around you.
George Bernard Shaw once said: “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” So go and use your creative forces to consciously create life in your image!
This week’s homework:
How will you engage with your creativity?